Whitby Prince George Bridge

From: £10.00 Inc. VAT

  • Picture Type(required)

    Size(required)

    Size(required)

    Size(required)

    • 15 £

    Size(required)

    Paper Type(required)

    Mount Colour(required)

    Frame Type(required)

Whitby Prince George Bridge

Sunrise over the port of Whitby. Looking down the River Esk from the new bridge with Whitby Abbey and the Church of St. Hilda silhouetted on the cliff top. On the East side of the river not far from where the ancient Penny Hedge is placed is the last remaining ship building firm Parkol Marine, which has dry dock for repairs and 2 births for new builds, 1 of the more recent builds was the famous whitby Trawler WY261 or better Known as Our Lass III commissioned by a friends father, Arnold Locker. Whitby was once the 3rd largest ship producing port in England producing 1 of the most famous ships in British history the Earl of Pembroke bought in 1768 by the royal Navy and renamed HMS Endeavour. This converted coal carrier was used by Captain James Cook on his historic voyage to Australia and New Zealand. On the West bank the Train tracks of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and the Esk Valley Line Run for a time along the Banks of the Esk.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.