Whitby East Pier Lighthouse
A glorious sunrise at whitby on the Yorkshire Coast. Silhouetted against the morning sky is Whitby piers East Lighthouse. Built in 1854 and standing an impressive 55ft high; the oldest of the whitby East Pier Lighthouses operated until 1914 when it was replace by the new East Pier Lighthouse that is still used today and is located on the East Extension. The lighthouse remains one of Whitby’s many tourist attractions with people returning year on year. Many of the visitors to Whitby come to take advantage of the towns many shops and restaurants and to try the famous Whitby fish and chips.